Thursday, September 04, 2008

Kindergarden

Hard to believe that my little guy started Kindergarden this week. I wasn't sure how I was going to react for this big day--mostly I was excited for him and this new phase of his life, because he was so excited. I didn't have any problems until we went down for breakfast and Keith had left the sweetest note for him. That's when it all hit me! It hit me again during orientation when I realized that this was it--he was starting school and this would be his life for the next 16+ years. No more playtime at preschool, no more do whatever we want during the week, no more being the only influence on him. He was on his own, doing this without me, learning and dealing with all that comes with school. I don't know if I'm ready for all that. How did this happen so fast?

Ty has been looking foward to riding the bus to school ever since his preschool took a field trip to the kindergarden building and they got to go on the school bus. While waiting we took his annual first day of school picture(s). Ty loves posing for the camera.



I promised a new back pack for kindergarden and he chose Ironman.





All the mom's in the neighborhood met the bus up at the school to see all the kids get off the bus and enter into school. They were all so excited. Here's Ty with part of his crew. Unfortunately none of these guys are in the same class. Ty does have three others from the neighborhood in his class and a couple from preschool, so he's happy and I'm happy too.

After school and a LONG bus ride home we had a special "Celebration" lunch on the special "Celebrate" plate.



1 comments:

Tanna said...

Our kids just keep growing up!! Can you believe it?? You really have adorable children and Paige's dress is beautiful!! I loved it too! What fun events!