Saturday, June 07, 2008

She's Here!


"Sissy" has arrived and we are so happy to have her here!


Everything went just as scheduled, except for the slight delay in the IV. I told Keith on the way to the hospital that I was looking forward to the IV the least. I hate IV's. Well, a combination of anxiety, not eating anything since the night before (most of you know how I get if I don't eat often, especially breakfast) and "nodular veins" (whatever that means) resulted in three PAINFUL attempts to insert the IV, two burst veins, and me almost passing out three times. Keith said he has never seen someone so white. (Loni, be grateful you got to skip that part!)
Fortunately, they were finally able to get it in and it was smooth sailing from there. The spinal wasn't even as bad as the IV! We went into the operating room at 9:49 am and "Sissy" made her debut at 10:30 am. Her stats:
Born on June 6, 2008 @ 10:30 am
Weighing 6 lbs 9 oz (I guessed 6 lbs 7 oz, not bad!)
19 inches long
She immediately wanted to suck her thumb and it didn't take long for her to find it. I've never had a thumb sucker before!



Keith cut the ambilical cord.




Found the thumb again.

She has a full head of hair, just like the boys, only a little lighter. Here she found both her hands. While the were sewing me up all I could hear was her little sucking--so cute!

Ty meeting "Sissy" for the first time. I will never forget the excitement in his eyes. He was so thrilled to be meeting his little sister that he waited so long for! This boy is so sweet!!!

Ty was so excited to give "Sissy" the pink teddy bear he and Carter had made for her earlier in the week at Build A Bear. The cutest part: when you squeeze the bears hand you hear their sweet voices say, "I love you, Sissy."

The manimal on the other hand...true to Carter's nature: he walked into the room, perched himself onto the chair next to me and told me he would meet "sissy" after he at his snack. What else would Carter do?


When he was finally done with his snack Carter climbed up to meet his baby sister. He was so sweet and gentle and full of "why" questions.




There's her head of hair, not quite as dark as the boys were.








15 comments:

Chatty Family said...

Congratulations Lexi! She's beautiful!

Tara said...

I'm so happy for you...Our Seth is a thumb sucker...what is her full name?

Angie said...

Conrats! She's perfect! Glad everything went well.

Loni said...

Congrats!!! She looks precious. Yea, glad I didn't have to deal with the IV. Hope your recovery goes well. See you at church tommorrow :)

Anonymous said...

She's so pretty. The second to last picture looks just like one of you; check out the photo album & see if you can find it.

Jennifer said...

Wow... she sure is a beauty! So, so happy for you. The boys faces are adorable - filled with such joy to finally meet Sissy. So cute! Good luck with the recovery - let us know if you need anything...

The Mortensen Family said...

Congrats! She is beautiful. I'm with you on the IV they are terrible!

kecia said...

I realized I hadn't left a comment when I looked at these earlier! She is so adorable! I am excited for you to be a part of the bows and dresses world! You will love it! Your boys are so sweet though-if we ever have a boy I hope they are as sweet as yours! i am missing you alot lately! call me soon! love ya!

Mary said...

Congrats Lexi! What a beautiful baby. I have 2 thumb suckers and it's great (until you try to break the habit!). Hope you're feeling well! Such a cute little family you guys are.

Katie said...

She is gorgeous!! Congrats and hope that everything is going great!

Tanna said...

Yeah, Lexi! She is so precious. I'm so excited for you to have a little girl! Great pictures!

Wehoos said...

Hooray! Congratulations! She is so beautiful and precious!!! I love the story about Carter. I also find it funny that the IV is more stress than your belly being cut open for the third time. You can still drop the Audrey and Paige names for Ali, I don't mind sharing.

Karalyn Marzo said...

Congratulations you guys! I'm so glad I decided to check your blog, because I had not heard that you had your baby yet. (Sometimes if my parents here about the news they forget to tell all of there children) She looks so precious and pretty. Hope all is well! Love, Karalyn

Doran & Jody said...

Congratulations Lexi! What a cute family.

Nana said...

Dear Lexie and Keith, Your little girl is adorable. It is so fun to look at your blog and see the happy family that you are creating. Today Rob and Jenni saw their first born son, Jacob, get baptized. Rob baptized him. It was only 9 years ago that they got married. Time passes by swiftly. We're proud of you. One can tell that you are enjoying your family.
Love, Aunt Dana and Untle Bob