Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Busy Saturday



Saturday was a busy, but fun day. Keith's been working on the pile of mulch in our driveway for a week now and was finally able to finish laying it all in the yard--with the help fom a very cute 1 1/2 year old. Carter is totally on a Daddy kick right now and has to be by his side at all times. He spends his days while Keith's at work carrying Keith's shoes around calling "Dad-dy, Dad-dy."

Next--Ty's second soccer game. I was so happy I could make this one! Ty actually does really well. He listens to the coach and really concentrates on learning the new skills. He told Keith and I he scored a goal--but apparently we missed it! He did, however, get a penatly for pushing (thanks to Keith's advice last week)! So fun to watch and think of all the future sporting events I'm going to be attending. This is only the beginning I'm sure!

My mom surprised us in the afternoon with an offer for free babysitting--how could we pass that up?! Keith and I went to Brio (one of my favorite restaurants) for dinner, where we ran in to our good friends, Yvonne and Brian. We were able to spend a nice, unexpected evening with some good friends--and no kids!!! After dinner Keith and I ran over to church for a regional meeting--again so enjoyable with no kids. We were actually able to hear the speakers! Thanks mom for the nice treat. (And the boys loved having Grandma over to babysit!)
Keith had been promising Ty a sleepover all day, so after church we ran home to see if he was awake. Ty had been on his best behavior all day, anticipating this event. When we got home he was waiting with his "sleepover game" all set up. The two played their game, ate popcorn, watched a movie and slept on the air matress in the basement. (I wasn't allowed because I'm a girl. When asked if I could participateTy said, "No thank you.") So fun to watch my boys bond. Keith is such a good dad to these guys. We are so lucky!

0 comments: