Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thank goodness for children

You know what I love most about children? I love how forgiving they are and their ability to love you unconditionally, regardless of all your shortcomings.

People warned me that three's were worse than two's and I'm beginning to agree! Ty can be the most loving, most adorable little boy around, but he can also be the most wild, whiney, stubborn (I don't know where he gets that from) too.

Lately I feel like he and I have been going at it a ton and I'm constantly arguing or punishing him. After a particularly long and stressful day recently, I went to get Ty for bed, fully prepared for another battle. But instead, he lit up when I entered the room, like he had completely forgotten about our battles of the day and I was the most important person in his world. He came over to me on the couch and snuggled up and told me how much he loved me. Could I be anymore blessed? Thank goodness for children to remind us of what is important in life and the value of forgiveness.

0 comments: