Saturday, September 01, 2007

First Day of School






I've been reading all these other blogs of my friends crying on their children's first day of school. Am I a horrible mom because I didn't cry? Maybe it's because it is still preschool and no school bus was involved. Maybe it is because he went to this school last year and I know he loves it. Maybe it is because he was so excited to go. Maybe it is because technically next Tuesday is his real first day because I got to go with him today. Whatever it is, I wasn't sad Thursday, but more excited and happy for him. He was so excited to go back to school, to use his Spiderman back pack and to meet his new teacher.


I was reading Kecia's blog about how Kyra had to have the perfect outfit for her first day of kindergarden and she figured it was a girl thing--wrong! I had a cute outfit picked out for Ty to wear today but he cried and told me he just "wouldn't be happy" at school if he had to wear it. So...it is not just girls. I do have to say he did pick a good alternative outfit!


After school we met Grandpa Noll at his golf course for Ty's first golf lesson. Grandpa and Grandma and Aunt Whitney gave Ty his very own golf clubs and bag for his birthday and he has been dying to use them. I have to say, Ty did awesome! He has a great swing and really hit the ball well. Apparently he inherited his dad's athletic ability! He made it through 7 holes (we had to skip two so we didn't hold everyone up behind us) and wanted to do more! Carter James even took a swing at things (he swings a bit like Happy Gilmore!), but preferred to just put our balls in the holes for us on the greens. Such a fun way to top off the first day of school!


2 comments:

Kar said...

Cutest boys ever. I love the golfing talent. Here's to a great year of preschool. Keep the photos coming! Miss you guys.

kecia said...

see i knew kyra and ty were alike! that must be why they get along so well when they see eachother! he looks so cute in his big backpack! you just wait-those tears will come for kindergarten!