Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Reminiscing and Re-evaluating

I really should be catching up on posting all that we've done the last week, but I'm feeling very nostalgic today. I take a lot of grief from Keith about blogging, but I love being able to keep in touch with all my family and friends. Just recently I have reconnected with some good friends from college and it has been so fun to see what everyone is up to. I had forgotten how crazy we were and how much fun we had together.

Unfortunately I also learned that one of our friends from school was recently diagnosed with melanoma. Every since reading the news I have been taking it all in and reflecting on my life and blessings. Our friend, Mary, said it best when she said, "If you don't know Alisa, you should. She is hilarious, brilliant, talented, etc" As I follow her blog through this hard time she inspires me to be a better mother and wife and count my blessings each day. She has managed to keep her sense of humor (which is one of the things I like best about her!) though it all and value what is really important in life. She has inspired me and will be in my prayers!

0 comments: