Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Birthday Celebrations

This past Friday was a big birthday celebration day at our house. Not only was it my birthday (one more year until the big one!), it was Ty's day to celebrate his birthday at school. Since his birthday is during summer break they let him celebrate his "half" birthday. He was so excited that it was on the same day as mine, but made me promise I would not do any celebrating until he came home from school.


When I asked Ty what he wanted to bring to school as his birthday treat he said, "I know, let's make a craft!"

"Okay, what kind of craft?"

"We'll get paper and cut out snowflakes for everyone and then we'll decorate them, and then..."

Is he so my child or what? Since I wasn't really up for making a winter craft for all 25 students, I convinced him that chocolate covered pretzels would be really great too. Ty agreed only because he got to put the sprinkles on.



I celebrated my birthday with my family at my parents. We had a delicious dinner and our family's traditional birthday cake: "Aunt Beth" cake. Love it!!!


3 comments:

kecia said...

Happy Birthday! Kyra gets to celebrate hers at school this month too. I had good intentions of calling you on friday but didn't get to it-sorry~ I need to see some cute belly pictures!! Love you!

whitney said...

I'm sooo jealous of that cake, next friday will be sad without one!

Angie said...

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great day!