Sunday, October 21, 2007

K&A ROCK!

As I mentioned before, the best part of the week before last (has it been that long?!) was the K & A reunion! My cousin Kecia came to visit from Utah with her mom (my aunt Linda) and her cute new baby, Bree. Kecia and I are cousins, but more like best friends/sisters. We roomed together in college and were inseperable. We became known by our good friends as "K&A."

Since marriage has seperated us physically we have tried to see each other as often as possible. I have been fortunate to visit Utah each year since I was married, but it was awesome to have Kecia come here! This was the first time in six years that Kecia has been here to visit. We had a great time and didn't want it to end. (Keith and Kris were probably ready to have their wives back though!)

We spent the week laughing (alot!), shopping, eating (alot!), crafting, visiting Amish Country and reminiscing.


Shopping...

One thing on the agenda for the week was to visit all the stores we have hear that they don't have there (we do the same thing we I visit Utah!). So our week was filled with trips to H&M, Sephora, Steve & Barry's, the outlets (okay, they have those in Utah but we still had to go) even Marc's (we scored some good toys for Christmas and Indians gear). The boys were great troopers and enjoyed modeling the headbands at Steve & Barry's.


Eating...

What is just as important as shopping at new stores? Eating at new restaurants. And since we are both bloggers, we had to take pictures every where we went (well, almost). Kecia and I were obsessed with these cinnamon bagels on campus and the only ones I have ever found to come close (except they don't have honey butter) are the crunchy cinnamon bagels at Panera's. So we found several excuses to eat there during the week. So good!

Both my mom and Kecia have birthdays in October, so we decided to celebrate at Cheesecake Factory. SOOOO good!


One morning while Ty was in school we escaped with our moms over to Third Watch (a little corner cafe with the BEST food!) for breakfast. So yummy--for all of you locals, you have to try their banana granola pancakes!

Keith wanted to know how with two women in the house he hadn't had double the home cooked meals and a clean house, so one night Kecia and I made BBQ chicken pizza and made sure we documented it.


Crafting...

So we had big intentions to do all kinds of crafts while they were visiting. Although we didn't make it to the Christmas gifts, we did get some things done. Since I don't have any girls, I have to live vicariously through Kecia (who has all girls), so we made hair bows for her girls. We also did a ton of vinyl for them to take home.


Amish Country....
I have a great mother-in-law who watched the boys for a whole day for me so I could travel to Amish country with Kecia, Linda and my mom (and of course, Bree). The weather could have been better, but we had a great time shopping, eating (of course) and visiting



The Golf Course...
Kecia and I have this picture of when we were little on my dad's golf course holding our "My Child" dolls. So, our trip wouldn't be complete with a trip to Dad's course and pictures of us on the course with our real children (atleast some of them).

Baby Bree...

My boys were obsessed with "Baby Bree." First thing every morning I heard this: "Where baby?" Anytime Bree was awake they were by her side. Ty loved to entertain her, hold her hand in the car or just watch her. Carter would "pet" her as he passed her and loved to watch her too.


Saying good-bye...

I really hated this part of the trip!! I would give anything to live closer to Kecia and do everyday things together! It's hard to say good-bye to your best friend, not knowing when you'll get together again! So happy that her and Linda could come to visit! Loved meeting Baby Bree! Can't wait to see everyone (including those that couldn't come) again!!!


Wow! This post wore me out!















5 comments:

kecia said...

K&A will always rock! I am missing you already-well i was missing you the moment we left! I am SOO glad we were able to come! thanks again for such a fun week! love you all!

whitney said...

Just a little tip...they do have a honey butter or hazelnut butter or something at panera that is amazing on the cinnamon bagels, I can't remember what they call it though, I'll have to check. It might be just as good as "the bagelry!"

Kris said...

Nice post Lexi. Thanks for putting up with Kecia for the week. She is still talking about all the fun you had. You guys are quite the team.

Mark said...

It was so fun at Ricks when you, kecia and me were inseperable. We were known as M,K & A. We did everything together! Ate at the cafeteria, wrote notes to each other at church, pulled pranks on Aernie, went to the sand dunes, jumped off that bridge into the river, hung out at craig-o's. Oh, how I miss those days...

Tanna said...

I love that you guys got to see each other. It looks like you had so much fun! I thought of you today when I got a sweater out of my closet that I've had for a long time and it still had the price tag hanging on it. I had to chuckle a little!!