Sunday, April 13, 2008

Conference Weekend

I love General Conference Weekend. For those of you who are not familiar with General Conference, twice a year our church members gather together to listen to the leaders of our church speak from Salt Lake City. Meetings are broadcast Saturday and Sunday over satelite all over the world.

I always look forward to these weekends in April and October to listen to the advice and inspiration from our leaders and always come away feeling uplifted and new goals to achieve. One of my favorite parts of the weekend: watching the meeting from the comfort of our family room!

My family came over to watch on Sunday and eat Cafe Rio (my VERY favorite recipe ever!) and my mom and sister and I used the time to finish some projects we've been working on while we listened. It was a very successful day. My sister and mom finished the projects they've been knitting and we worked on my sisters baby quilts. I finished these:


nursing cover...



the border on the cute blanket my friend, Stephanie, knit for me...






burp clothes...





binki holders...




baby bracelets...



and worked on this blanket I've been crocheting forever...



Now on to the next projects before #3 arrives: curtains for her room, hiar bows and flowers, and the Amy Butler Nappy Bag.


In between conference sessions on Sunday we were able to enjoy the gorgeous weather we had for a few days (should have known it was too good to last) by taking a walk around the neighborhood and on the "birdie trail." The boys absolutely LOVED being outside and want to spend every waking minute outside!!




LOVE that this is how I spent most of the second session of conference on Sunday...

6 comments:

The Clarks said...

You are quite the crafty lady Lexi! Holy cow! I made some burp clothes for Preston but they weren't near as cute. I'm a beginner when it comes to the sewing machine. I love the binkie things! I just might have to make some of those! Also very impressed with your blanket. I tried to crochet and edge on a burp cloth and couldn't figure it out for the life of me! Impressive!
Jen

thekerrclan said...

Cute baby things! You are too talented.

Angie said...

I LOVE those burp cloths! I have a few of them and they are the best thing ever (especially for really spitty babies!!!)

You are one talented woman!

The Mortensen Family said...

Cute stuff! I love the binki clips they save me. I wish we lived by eachother and you could teach me all your amazing talents!

Amy Franklin said...

The bracelets look good! I esp. like the red one. Your little girls is going to be stylin'!

kecia said...

look at you go girl! I am not surprised with all your completed projects! I wish I was more like you-see you need to live by me so I will be motivated to do more of this stuff! Love the "hooter hider" (that is what they are called here) my friend is making them too-I wish I had had one. Love the binki clips too and seriously want to attempt the nappy bag! I would fail I am sure but it looks so cute so maybe I will try when I get back! love ya!