I seriously love the Christmas season and all there is to do to get ready for the holiday! I try to fit as much as possible (without driving myself or my husband crazy) during the month of December.
Our festivities continued with gingerbread house decorating. My sister-in-law tried to get away without making one this year, so I so kindly offered to bring our kit over to her house to decorate together. I'm sure she appreciated that, especially when I left early to get my hair cut and she was left to finish the masterpiece. It turned out great though.
We took our sugar cookies over to my parents this year to decorate with my sister, brother-in-law and brother. As you can tell it was very serious business for Ty. He was so proud of his creations. Carter did his one cookie and then spent the rest of the time eating the red hots. No pictures of our finished projects, I can't believe I forgot, Keith will be so disappointed!
Keith took this picture and asked me to post it on the blog to prove I really can be domesticated (apron and all!).
Friday before Christmas was Ty's school program and party. My parents and sister came to watch and he did so good! He was a shephard and sang all the songs so cute and said his line just right!!!
Saturday evening we went with my family for our annual trip to see Santa Claus. We decided to try one of the mall's downtown because I had heard they had a really fun set up for the kids. It was so cute and the boys loved it. (It was a little phsycadelic and Keith and my brother said it was like seeing Santa on drugs, but the boys and I thought it was great!)
They had the children enter the "North Pole" in groups. You were greeted by some very outrageous elves (that's were the drug trip comes in) and the children are giving lab coats to go and "create" in Kris Kringles shoppe. It is very elaborate and they take the kids to all different stations. Definitely worth it!
Gayla insisted on trying the stilts out in the toy store after and actually did quite well!
Sunday was Ty's program at church (again, so cute singing every word!) and Christmas brunch at my Grandma's country club with my cousins. What a fun holiday month!

0 comments:
Post a Comment