Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fourth of July in the Outerbanks

What better place to celebrate the Fourth of July than at the beach! I convinced everyone that the town parade would be really fun, and it turns out everyone agreed it was (apparently some people in my family don't normally like parades). So we woke up early and walked down to the town center to find a good spot to watch.












We had to wait awhile for the parade to start so grandpa found a place to rest.










The kids loved the parade and especially loved the candy and toys being tossed to them!





We finished off the day playing at the beach and grilling out at the house. Fortunately we had a beautiful morning and afternoon because by the time we changed and made it to the lighthouse for fireworks it was thundering and lightening, so we went home without seeing the city fireworks. We did, however, get to watch someone's fireworks on the beach from our rooftop deck later that night. I love the Outerbanks!


**Yes, I am aware that I am two months late with this post.

0 comments: