Ty has been begging for a sleepover with his cousin Zach for awhile. The last one at Zach's house ended with Ty screaming to go home because he missed his brother. So this time it was at our house. Things were good: the kids played great and we even had them all in bed and lights out by 9:00pm! Ty was so excited to put the air matress on the floor in his bedroom and sleep in sleeping bags! When Carter saw it all set up there was no convincing him that he wasn't sleeping there. So I told Keith to grab the camera to capture this cute moment. 
Don't be deceived by the closed eyes in the picture (or even by the fact that they are all in sleeping bags). By 9:30 Carter was escorted to his crib (after he kept sneaking into his room to collect more stuffed animals to sleep with). By 10:00pm Carter and Zach had received countless warnings, but Keith told me to relax and just let them be. By 10:45pm (after Keith was sound asleep mind you and the boys were running around Ty's room with the sleeping bags on their heads) I had had enough of being a "cool mom" and Zach was sent to Ty's bed and Ty came in my room and slept on the floor. And thus ended our sleepover.

3 comments:
Tell Ty Guy to stop growing up! He is too little for sleepovers and field trips!
glad to hear I am not the only mom who ends the "cool" streak and seperates the kids! I am really wanting a panera bagel lately!i miss you all!
I loved sleepovers when I was a youngster. Sounds like fun, even if they didn't "sleep" by each other all night!
Post a Comment